In Franklin County we believe that an extra-curricular program of clubs, organizations, and activities offers a positive and valuable dimension to the overall growth of young people into productive, responsible adults. We encourage participation as a means to provide young people with experiences, which will convert to meaningful learning.
These experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Discovery and development of leadership skills;
- Opportunity for active citizenship participation;
- Opportunity for self-expression and initiative;
- Promotion of creative abilities;
- Development of individual and group responsibility;
- Opportunity to demonstrate skills learned in the classroom; and
- Development of skills for use in future life.
Student Membership Requirements:
Students are encouraged to join and participate in clubs. Membership requirements are contained in each club’s constitution and by-laws; however, there are general regulations regarding eligibility for membership in any clubs and organizations.
In accordance with the Franklin County Board and established school policies, individuals involved in activity programs must meet certain requirements. Prior to joining a club all students must:
- Have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA and meet the club’s requirements.
- Meet individual school participation fee requirements.
- Complete the Student Participation and Parental Approval Form.
- All members must abide by the Franklin County Code of Student Conduct for both on and off campus activities.
All clubs are encouraged to participate in school/community service learning projects.