Tharptown Elementary School is a public school in the Franklin County district with students from PreK through sixth grade. Our school is a dynamic environment focused on helping your child acquire the foundational skills necessary for academic success.
The mission of Tharptown Elementary School is to provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for academic excellence where students are challenged and motivated to think critically and to develop habits of responsible citizenship in order to reach their highest potential for success. Our vision is for all students to feel 100% successful at Tharptown Elementary School to empower them to become successful and productive in a global society. The philosophy of Tharptown Elementary School is Teamwork Equals Success. The stakeholders of Tharptown believe teamwork equals success as the stakeholders share a set of common goals for the students of Tharptown Elementary:
- to provide quality instruction of a comprehensive curriculum which meets the College and Career Ready Standards
- to ensure that assessment should include varying types of evaluation, both formal and informal
- to offer educational activities that challenge students to think critically and take responsibility for their actions
- to ensure that students of all ability levels are well equipped to meet the challenges of education, work, and life
- to provide a stimulating learning environment with a technological orientation across the whole curriculum
- to provide a safe environment conducive to learning that is essential in encouraging growth and development as safety drills are performed on a regular basis throughout the school year
- to provide clear communication to all stakeholders that includes sharing the responsibility to help students reach their fullest potential -to provide all stakeholders opportunities to provide input in decision-making and school programs
- to involve all stakeholders in providing students the opportunity to succeed in a global society
- to foster relationships and provide support for all families as our learning community becomes more diverse
Each year our faculty reflects on the previous school year in order to make changes to improve our students' educational experience. This process results in the Alabama Continuous Improvement Plan or ACIP. This plan provides our faculty and staff with specific goals to aim for and strategies to us to reach the goals. It also consists of stakeholder input and information about the school as a whole. The document is revisited each year and revised to meet the needs of the current academic year. The ACIP can be found by following the links below.