About the Robotics Program
We have had a robotics team at Tharptown Elementary School since 2017.
2nd-3rd grade Team- competes in dash robot competitions
4th-6th Grade Team - competes in a Vex IQ competitions
Students are selected based on the following qualifications:
- Maintain 80% homework grade
- Display positive behavior in class
- Display positive behavior in robotics (work on task, work as a team, help other team members, follow directions, listen carefully to coaches, be a great representative of Tharptown Elementary School)
- Adhere completely to attendance policies
- Be at robotics practices and competitions
Students must also write one paragraph explaining why you want to be in robotics and why you are a good team player.
22 students were selected for the 2019-2020 school year.
Jake Ward & Kendra Ward
2nd and 3rd Grade Team
Front row, left to right: Eli, Elijah, Haven, Payson, Allyson
Back Row, left to right: Mrs. Ward, Zayden, Braiden, Kalea, Konner, Isaiah
4-6th Grade Team
Front row, left to right: Giselle, Alyssa, Randy
Back Row, left to right: Bryson, Noah, Laura Bell, Camila, Jonathan, Hayden, Mr. Ward, Johanna, Bella, Audrey