SUBSTITUTE TEACHER GUIDELINES
*ALL DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED BEFORE BOARD APPROVAL*
**SIGNED SUBSTITUTE TEACHER HANDBOOK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO BE ADDED TO THE SUBSTITUTE LIST AFTER BOARD APPROVAL**
PLEASE BE ADVISED: SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINES***PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY DURING THESE DATES
JUNE 1-30, 2022 Accepting Substitute Teacher License application and Employment documentation
The substitute teacher's rate of pay is $80.00 per day. This rate applies to both certified and non-certified substitutes. Individuals with a valid Professional Teachers Certificate need to present a certificate for an office file copy and will not need a Substitute License.
Applicant must be 21 years of age to be a substitute teacher.
It is the applicants' responsibility to enter the correct information to register and pay online through GEMALTO COGENT SYSTEMS prior to getting fingerprinted at the location you choose from their website. If you have been fingerprinted and cleared through the Alabama State Department of Education/GEMALTO System the date MUST be within the previous 5 years unless you have been employed by the Franklin County Board of Education at some point during that time frame. To register, go to GEMALTO COGENT SYSTEMS. Make sure you print and take the registration receipt to the fingerprinting site. Applicants must carry a valid picture ID to the fingerprinting site. You must furnish Franklin County Board of Education with the GEMALTO fingerprinting confirmation.
Renewals for substitute teacher licenses that have expired or for a new license may be paid online at Alabama State Dept. of Education for a fee of $30.00 plus a $4.00 credit card transaction fee; however, a copy of the payment confirmation and substitute license application FORM SUB 10/2019, must be submitted to the Alabama Department of Education by the FCBOE office. If this action is taken for license renewal, a valid driver's license and high school diploma/GED must be presented at the FCBOE office for a file copy. If this action is taken for a new license, all forms listed below must be submitted to the FCBOE office.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
The following items are required for obtaining a Substitute Teaching License. Forms can be found under Forms and Documents or at the Franklin County Board of Education office.
- FCBOE Application for Employment-Support Personnel (Certified Personnel Application if you hold a valid Prof. Teachers Certificate).
- Valid Driver's License (front and back copies will be made for office file)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of High School Diploma/GED/College Diploma. Individuals with a valid Professional Teachers Certificate need to present this for file copy and do not need a Substitute License FORM SUB 10/2019. $30 Postal money order or bank cashier's check to Alabama State Department of Education.
- FORM SUB 10/2019 completed with acceptable documentation for the Franklin County Board of Education office to submit along with a $30 Postal money order or a bank cashiers check to Alabama State Department of Education OR your online payment confirmation.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Form W-4 2022, Employee's Withholding Certificate
- Form A-4, Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Automatic Deposit Agreement, for Direct Deposit, must have a VOIDED check or bank printout showing Bank Routing number and Account number
- School Availability Form
- Child Abuse Reporters Training Certificate/Erin's Law
- Jason Flatt Act Training Certificate/Bullying and Suicide
- Fingerprinting Verification from cogentid for ABI/FBI Background Clearance
- Signed Acknowledgement Form from the Substitute Teacher Handbook after Board Approval
Upon obtaining and completing above documentation, all records and forms should be furnished to the FCBOE District office at 500 Coffee Ave. N.E., Russellville, Alabama. If you have any questions, please contact Annette Hargett, 256-332-1360 ext. 1006.
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY