Vina High School
2021-2022 Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Vina School recognizes the parent as our students’ first and most important teacher. Our school understands that continued and substantial parental and family engagement is not only important, but essential, for our students’ school success. Our School is committed to the maintenance and building of a strong parent/school partnership. To support this partnership and in response to the Every Student Succeeds Law, 2015,Public Law 114-95, Section 111, the following policy has been established to guide our school’s efforts.
Vina School will provide the following activities to reach parents and families at home and at school:
- Convene an annual meeting, with flexible scheduling and multiple opportunities for parent attendance, during which our school’s instructional programs and strategies, the tenets of a Title I schoolwide format, and opportunities for parental and parental will be shared.
- Offer a variety of activities to encourage parental and family involvement on various days and during various times to accommodate the schedules of parents and their expressed needs and interests.
- Provide parents the opportunity to be involved in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of Parent and Family Involvement programs. Additionally, parents will have the opportunity to be included in the planning, review, and improvement of our school’s PFE policy and the school’s Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Provide parents of participating students with timely information about programs and activities for parents; provide a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at our school; forms of academic assessments used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- Provide opportunities for regular meetings of parents, if requested, to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and respond to any such suggestions as soon as possible.
- Maintain and provide regular meaningful avenues of two-way communication between parents and the school for comments and suggestions from parents on issues, programs and procedural operations of our school.
- Provide and ensure multiple opportunities for parents and students to engage and commit themselves in our school’s School/Parent Compact. Our school’s Learning Compact will specify how our school’s professional staff, parents, and their children will share the responsibility for each student’s optimum level of academic achievement.
- Provide assistance to parents, as appropriate, in understanding such topics as the state’s academic content standards and student academic achievement standards, state and local academic assessments, the requirements of this part, how to monitor students’ progress and work with educators to improve the achievement of their children and information about their child’s performance on these assessments.
- Provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s achievement and to foster parental and family involvement.
- Educate the professional staff about the value of parental contributions, and how to reach out to, communicate with and work with parents as equal partners, implement and coordinate parent programs and build meaningful ties between parents and our school.
- To the extent feasible and appropriate, coordinate and integrate parental and family involvement programs with Head Start, and other public and private pre-school programs; and conduct other activities that encourage and support parents’ full participation in the education of their children.
- Ensure that information related to school and parent programs, meetings and other activities is sent to parents in a format, and to the extent feasible, in a language the parents can best understand.
- Provide other reasonable support for parental and family involvement activities for all our students.
Copies of the entire Parent Involvement Plan and the school’s current Annual Improvement Plan are available:
- From the school principal in the school office
- On the school’s website
- At the Franklin County Board of Education