Announcements & Important Information
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten registration is scheduled for Friday, March 26, 2021 from 8:30 - 2:00. To expedite the registration process, please complete the on-line registration form and we will mail you the registration forms to complete and bring to the in-person registration.
At that time, parents will need to be prepared to provide:
1. Your child's birth certificate
2. Social Security card
3. Proof of residency
4. Updated immunization (blue slip)
Please remember, your child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021 in order to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year. We request that you bring your upcoming kindergarten student with you on the day of registration. Only one adult per student, please.
Thank you for your help! We are looking forward to having your child in kindergarten.
Pre K Pre-Registration
Tharptown Elementary is now accepting online pre-registration applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
Enrollment: January 15-March 25
Acceptance is selected through random drawing to be held March 26.
To participate, each child must provide a birth certificate documenting that he/she is 4 years old (and not yet 5) on or before September 1, 2021 and must also be an Alabama resident (documented with proof of residence such as a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage) throughout enrollment.
Enroll by clicking here.
Arrival And Departure Information
Buses will begin arriving at school at 7:35. Buses will pick up students on the farthest routes first. The limit of riders on the bus has been drastically reduced. Once the student limit is reached, the bus driver will bring those students to school and will go back and get the students where he/she left off to complete the pickup route.
The first bus is scheduled to leave at 2:35.
For example: example: If the student comes in on the first shift of 19-40, then he/she will leave on the last shift of bus 19-40 at the end of the day. This will allow the bus drivers to begin with the shortest route going home so that they can return to school quicker.
The State of Alabama requires all students in Grades 2-6 to wear a mask on the bus and at school.
If your child cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition, you must provide a doctor’s excuse.
Car riders will begin unloading at 8:00 a.m.
Car riders will begin dismissal at 3:00.
Please remember: Parents will not be able to park on campus, exit vehicles, or enter the buildings with students. We will assist each student to his/her classroom.
2020-2021 School Calendar
The first day of school for students will be August 20, 2020.
2020-2021 School Calendar- Click Here
Supply Lists for 2020-2021
Supply Lists - Click Here
If students have a large amount of school supplies to bring in, please allow them to bring only what they can carry at one time. They do not have to bring them all the first day. They may bring the supplies in over the course of the next few days.
Family Guides for Student Success
Please review these resources provided to us by the Alabama Math Science and Technology Initiative (AMSTI).
These documents are designed to provide parents an overview of the content to be covered at the grade level in math and grade band in science.
K-6 Critical Standards
The Alabama State Department of Education has taken the educational standards and reduced them to “Critical” Standards that students should know. Critical standards are skills and knowledge that students must demonstrate proficiency in to assure academic success. Some critical standards build on each other from grade level to grade level, such as in mathematics. We encourage parents/students to review the critical standards in English language arts and mathematics and use the information sent out from their child's teacher(s), online resources, apps, and other supplemental materials to assist their child in learning the necessary skills and knowledge while learning at home.
More Free Resources
The mission of Tharptown Elementary School is to provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for academic excellence where students are challenged and motivated to think critically and to develop habits of responsible citizenship in order to reach their highest potential for success. Our vision is for all students to feel 100% successful at Tharptown Elementary School to empower them to become successful and productive in a global society. The philosophy of Tharptown Elementary School is Teamwork Equals Success. The stakeholders of Tharptown believe teamwork equals success as the stakeholders share a set of common goals for the students of Tharptown Elementary:
- to provide quality instruction of a comprehensive curriculum which meets the College and Career Ready Standards
- to ensure that assessment should include varying types of evaluation, both formal and informal
- to offer educational activities that challenge students to think critically and take responsibility for their actions
- to ensure that students of all ability levels are well equipped to meet the challenges of education, work, and life
- to provide a stimulating learning environment with a technological orientation across the whole curriculum
- to provide a safe environment conducive to learning that is essential in encouraging growth and development as safety drills are performed on a regular basis throughout the school year
- to provide clear communication to all stakeholders that includes sharing the responsibility to help students reach their fullest potential -to provide all stakeholders opportunities to provide input in decision-making and school programs
- to involve all stakeholders in providing students the opportunity to succeed in a global society
- to foster relationships and provide support for all families as our learning community becomes more diverse
ABC Internet Voucher Program has been extended through June 2021!