FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
MARCH 25, 2010, 5:15 P.M.
WORK SESSION - 5:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the February 25, 2010 Meeting
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of February 25, 2010 through March 24,
7. Approve Financial Report for December 2009 and January 2010
8. Superintendent's Report
9. Award bid to Dykes Restaurant Supply, Inc. as lowest bidder for the purchase of three
Blast Chiller-Freezers (one for Belgreen, Phil Campbell, and Red Bay) at bid price of
$27,393.00. This purchase will be made using CNP funds.
10. Award bid to D & R Carpet as lowest bidder for the purchase of ceramic tile floors in
the dining room of Vina Cafeteria at bid price of $10,997.00. This purchase will be
made using CNP funds.
11. Award bid to ADT Security Services for Camera Security Systems at bid price of
$21,128.62. These systems are to be installed in the Phil Campbell, Red Bay,
Tharptown and Vina Cafeterias. These purchases will be made using CNP funds.
12. Approve the following out-of-state trips:
•v Franklin County Career Tech Center HOSA students - 2010 National HOSA Convention June 21-27 in Orlando, Florida
•v Vina High School Band students to Six flags over Georgia April 7, 2010
(this trip will be at no expense to the school system)
13. Recognize Mrs. Kay Hargett and Franklin County HOSA students for their recent
accomplishments in competing at the Alabama State HOSA Convention at Calhoun
Community College. These students brought home 16 state awards. Also, 15
Franklin County HOSA students qualified for the National Kaiser Permamente
Healthcare Exam which is an extremely prestigious honor. These students now have
the opportunity to compete on the national level in Orlando, Florida. Franklin
County HOSA was awarded as one of Alabama's Outstanding HOSA Chapters.
Also, Steven Nabers a Red Bay High School student was elected Alabama HOSA
State Vice President. Steven has also been selected to represent the State of Alabama
as a National HOSA officer candidate at this year's convention.
14. Recognize Ms. Jamie McNeil and Ms. Jacqueline Parsons of Red Bay High School
for being awarded a Target Field Trip Grant for $800. This grant will be used to help
fund a 10th grade field trip to the Golden Flake Factory, the Alabama Museum of Art,
and the Birmingham Zoo.
15. Approve local adoption of textbooks for Health, Career, Technical and Technology
Education as recommended by the local textbook committee.
16. Mrs. Ruby James
17. Chasity Morgan
19. Other Business:
20. Next Board Meeting, April 29, 2010 - 5:15 p.m., Work Session 5:00 p.m.
(NOTE: THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AT PHIL CAMPBELL SCHOOL)