FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
OCTOBER 16, 2009, 5:00 P.M.
WORK SESSION - 4:30 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the September 4, 2009 Special Meeting, September 10, 2009
Budget Hearing and September 11, 2009 Regular Meeting/Budget Hearing
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of September 11, 2009 through October 15,
7. Approve Financial Report for August, 2009
8. Superintendent's Report
9. Nominate a Delegate for the AASB's 2009 Convention and Delegate Assembly,
December 3, 2009, Birmingham, Alabama
10. Nominate an Alternate Delegate for the AASB's 2009 Convention and Delegate
11. Approve 20% of At-Risk Funds to non-profit agency, Red Bay Hospital, with these
funds Red Bay Hospital will contract with registered nurse, Andrea Mayberry -
Tharptown School, to provide nursing services for thirty hours per week during the
school year. ($20,840.00)
12. Approve two out of state basketball games for Vina High School - November 7,
2009 at Mantachie, Mississippi and November 10, 2009 at Tremont, Mississippi
13. Approve all Franklin County Schools Continuous Improvement Plans for the 2009-
2010 school year
14. Annual Report - Progress in Reducing Class Size
15. Approve Local Textbook Committee for 2009-2010 Adoption of Health Education,
Career and Technical Education and Technology Education
16. Approve trip for Tharptown High School's Math Class to Six Flags in Atlanta,
Georgia October 30, 2009
17. Approve Resolution authorizing the renewal of a current revenue anticipation note in
principal amount not to exceed $3,000,000 with Valley State Bank.
18. Give permission to the Frankfort Home Demonstration Club to start a Briddle and
Saddle Club for purpose of raising money for the Frankfort Home Demonstration
19. Other Business:
18. Next Board Meeting, November 20, 2009 - 4:15 p.m., Work Session 4:00 p.m.