FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
AUGUST 21, 2009, 5:00 P.M.
WORK SESSION - 4:30 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the July 23, 2009 Meeting
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of July 23, 2009 through August 20,
7. Approve Financial Report for June 2009
8. Superintendent's Report
9. Approve Medicaid Administrative Claim (MAC) Program contracts
10. Approve extending line of credit with Valley State Bank for $
11. Approve trip for Red Bay Varsity Cheerleaders who have been invited to perform at
the pre-game show for the Capitol One Bowl Game in Orlando on New Year's Day.
This trip will be at no expense to the board or Red Bay School. (This trip will be
taken during Christmas holidays and no school will be missed.)
12. Approve trip for Alexis Mills, who has been invited to London to participate in the
London New Year's Day Parade. This trip will be at no expense to the board or Red
Bay School. (This trip will be taken during Christmas holidays and no school will be
13. Approve Jonathan Motes as a volunteer assistant football coach, without pay, for the
2009 season at Tharptown High School with approval of fingerprints/background
check and completion of the necessary courses
14. Approve the following coaches:
1. James Pharr, Assistant Football Coach
2. Karen Emerson, Assistant Softball Coach
3. Luke Childers, Assistant Baseball Coach
4. Nathan Davidson, Cross-Country Coach
15. Approve Terry Hall as substitute for Richard Graben at pay of $1,833.33 per month
17. Other Business:
18. Next Board Meeting, __________, 2009 - 5:00 p.m., Work Session 4:30 p.m.