FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
APRIL 26, 2016, 5:15 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the March 15, 2016 Meeting
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of March 10, 2016 through April 19, 2016
7. Approve Financial Report, Bank Statement and Reconciliation for February 2016
and March 2016
8. Superintendent’s Report
9. Approve the following out of state trips:
a. Red Bay High School/Franklin County Career Tech Center Health Science Classes to
International HOSA Leadership Conference in Nashville, Tennessee June 20 – June 25,
b. Vina High School 7th and 8th Grade English Achievers to Barnes Crossing Mall and
Movies 8 in Tupelo, Mississippi May 20, 2016
c. Tharptown/Vina Band to Six Flags Over St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri April 29, 2016
10. Approve the addition of Athens City Schools and Limestone County to the Northwest
Alabama CNP Consortium Supplemental Smallware Bid and Supplemental Grocery Bid
Group. (to help insure lower prices for the entire bid group)
11. Approve retention of Special Education/504 Attorney Rod Lewis to represent the Franklin
County Board of Education in a legal matter involving a recent parent complaint. (Mr.
Lewis is an attorney with the Lanier Ford Attorneys at Law in Huntsville, Alabama)
12. Approve Summer School for 2016 to be held at Tharptown and Red Bay Schools
Summer School Dates: June 7, 2016 through June 30, 2016
Fees: In System – ½ Credit $150.00 Whole Credit $300.00
Out of System – ½ Credit $200.00 Whole Credit $350.00
13. Approve four day work week for personnel on ten, eleven and twelve month contracts for
the summer months
14. Approve the continuation of busing our current students in Russellville City limits.
Acceptance of any new students living in the Russellville City limits will have to be
approved for acceptance in the Franklin County School System based upon academics,
attendance and discipline.
16. Other Business:
17. Next Board Meeting May 4, 2016 – 12:00 noon – Advanced Ed
Board Meeting May 17, 2016 – 5:15 p.m. – Work Session 5:00 p.m.