FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
JULY 22, 2014, 5:15 P.M.
WORK SESSION – 5:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the June 17, 2014 Meeting
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of June 11, 2014 through July 15,
7. Approve Financial Report for May, 2014
8. Superintendent’s Report
9. Approve Fleet Insurance with Wood-Thompson Insurance Agency ($35,879.40 per year)
10. Approve Child Nutrition Program Roll-Over Bid for the 2014-2015 school year with Purity
Milk and Ice Cream
11. Award Northwest Alabama CNP Consortium Smallware Bid to BRESCO, Dixie Store
Fixtures and Paper and Chemical. (This is based on the results of a line item tally, with each
lowest line item being awarded to the respected vendor.) Also, award bid for Supplemental
Groceries to Osborn Brothers, Inc. and Trident Beverages.
12. Approve termination of payroll deductions for the Alabama Education Association (AEA)
dues and any payments to any political action committee or for dues to any membership
organization that has not provided the certification required by Act 2010-761 (“the Act”).
13. Allow three churches in Phil Campbell hosting Phil Campbell High School Students during
the interim period of the completion of Phil Campbell High School. (The school will
temporarily house grades 7 and 8 at Mountain View Baptist, grades 9 and 10 at First Baptist
Church of Phil Campbell and grades 11 and 12 at Phil Campbell Church of God.)
14. Approve the following:
Franklin County Child Nutrition will not go by the Offer Verses Serve Menu for Phil
Campbell High School students during the time that they are served meals at the three
different churches. Meals will be served with each component of the meal given to each
16. Other Business:
17. Next Board Meeting July 31, 2014 (Thursday) – 5:15 p.m. - Work Session – 5:00 p.m.