FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MARCH 18, 2014, 5:15 P.M.
WORK SESSION – 5:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the February 4, 2014 Meeting
6. Accept payment of bills for the period of January 28, 2014 through March 12,
7. Approve Financial Report for January, 2014
8. Superintendent’s Report
9. Approve participation in the Regions Bank Purchasing Card Program (P-Card). This Board
will use the card for accounts payable transactions and travel expenditures, allowing the
Board to earn 1% cash back on transactions.
10. Approve local adoption of the entire list of state-adopted textbooks in the subject of
Social Studies for grades K- 12
11. Approve the following out-of-state trips:
a. Franklin County Career Tech Center/Red Bay High School to St. Jude Children’s
Hospital and Memphis Zoo in Memphis, Tennessee April 11, 2014
b. Seventh Grade Students of Red Bay School to Six Flags over Georgia in Atlanta, Georgia
April 3, 2014
c. English Club (11th & 12th Grades) Red Bay High School to Malco Theater/Mall of Barnes
Crossing in Tupelo, Mississippi March 21, 2014
d. Vina Kindergarten to Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo in Tupelo, Mississippi April 10, 2014
e. Vina School 3rd through 6th grades to Memphis Zoo in Memphis, Tennessee May 5, 2014
13. Other Business:
14. Next Board Meeting May 13, 2014 – 5:15 p.m. - Work Session – 5:00 p.m.