FRANKLIN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
JULY 28, 2011, 5:15 P.M.
WORK SESSION - 5:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve Agenda
5. Approve Minutes of the June 30, 2011 Meeting
6. State Representative, Johnny Mack Morrow
7. Accept payment of bills for the period of June 30, 2011 through July 27,
8. Approve Financial Report for May, 2011
9. Superintendent's Report
10. Approve National School Meals Program Policy Agreement for 2011-12 School
11. Award the following CNP Bids to the lowest bidders for the 2011-2012 School Year:
Bread - Sara Lee Bakery Group
Ice Cream - Blue Bell Creameries
The milk bid was accepted by both parties as an extension of last years (2010-2011)
bid. The vendor is Purity Dairies.
The Franklin County Child Nutrition Program continues to participate in the State
Bid for food and supplies.
12. Award bid to Dixie Store Fixtures as lowest bidder for a Master Built Walk-In
Freezer and Cooler for Vina High School Cafeteria at a bid price of $59,852.00.
(This purchase will be made using CNP funds).
13. Award bid to Bresco Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc. as lowest bidder for a
Blodgett Hydro-Vection Double Oven for Tharptown Cafeteria at a bid price
of $18,197.00. (This purchase will be made using CNP funds)
14. In accordance with FY2012 Education Budget Act 2011-655 approve reduction of
School Nurse contract days from 187 days to 182 days.
16. Other Business:
17. Next Board Meeting August 25, 2011 - 5:15 p.m.
Work Session 5:00 p.m.